CACAO WARNING: Cacao can seriously increase your happiness – are you ready?
Hopefully, you have experienced the heart opening magic of cacao. Maybe we did a ceremony together and you want more of that magic. DONE!!!
Depending on the group and intentions I use a combination of guided meditation/journeys, sound healing, drumming to facilitate guests’ ability to sink into their universal truth of love. In sacred space, prepared with incense, crystals and loving intentions we sit in a circle. Discovering ceremonial doses (about 4oz.) raw cacao is a powerful heart opener that paves the way to transformation through self-love. Revered in Mayan traditions for its ability to connect with the heart and open the senses, cacao is said to bring you to the door and you can choose to enter the heart space. For those willing to go deeper, the process can accelerate an understanding of loving clarity of heart and mind. Imagine a blissful grin spread over your face while a wave deeply felt love rippling through the body, first at energetic and emotional levels and eventually at core and spirit levels. Cacao can help us, from this loving state, release and transform old pains and densities that we hold allowing us to reconnect to our truest nature. Sometimes this appears as giggles and belly laughter or tears of joy while releasing old sorrow. Over the past 9 years of working with the spirits of cacao, I’ve had the pleasure to watch beautiful transformations.
The ceremonies are about 2 hours in length, generally seated or lying down, but the effect of cacao as a stimulant can last many more hours depending on sensitivities. For those resisting the possibilities of sacred cacao all it does is create a caffeine like buzz. Physiologically, the main active ingredient that we experienced in ceremony is Theobromine. “Theo-broma literally translates as God-Food, and potentiates the release of dopamine, the ‘pleasure’ hormone.” Additionally, phenethylamine, helps relieve stress and depression stored in the body and can lead to emotional euphoria, heightened sensations and empathy.
Our Cacao is prepared especially for ceremony and comes from Mexico and Guatemala.
It is safe to drink however please make us aware if any of the following apply to you:
* If you are taking anti depressants or any other medication (MAOI’s and some antidepressants should not be taken with cacao, intense headaches are likely. It is still possible to participate in the ceremonies with a very, very, low dose)
* If you have a heart condition as cacao increases the blood flow to the brain and heart by at least 40%
* If you are pregnant as we will give you a smaller dose
What to bring:
* Your journal and a pen to write down any insights from your journey
* Any crystals or tools you like to connect with while journeying
* Dress in comfortable loose clothing
* Your water bottle. Drinking water during the ceremony is not encouraged, but you should hydrate well immediately after the ceremony and throughout the day to facilitate the flushing process.
For those that have joined me for a ceremony, Here are links to some of Keith the “Cacao shaman” and sources for cacao sourced with loving kindness from Guatemala.
And a lovely Go To Glow meditation to try with cacao.